Re: Apache Maven to be removed from Karmic?

Subject: Re: Apache Maven to be removed from Karmic?
From: John Moser
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2009 12:53:13 -0400
On Thu, Oct 15, 2009 at 11:09 AM, Alvin Thompson
<alvin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> First, as a Java developer I hope this doesn't happen as Maven is pretty
> much required for Java development (at least in the U.S.).

I laughed.

Your pet project is NOT "pretty much required for X" in any global
scope.  I've hardly seen any Java shops, and the ones I did... well
I've never seen Maven.  Most of the bigger shops are moving to the
next buzzword anyway:  .NET (why the hell do people do this?)

ubuntu-users mailing list
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: