ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com

Re: Quality of Ubuntu List

Subject: Re: Quality of Ubuntu List
From: Joseph
Date: Mon, 05 Oct 2009 05:28:09 -0500
Mike McMullin wrote:
> On Mon, 2009-10-05 at 10:25 +0100, Colin Law wrote:
>
>> 2009/10/5 Trent Murray <trent@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> Following Marks comment about the 'blind leading the blind' I have only been
>>> with this list for 3 weeks and already concerned with the amount of flaming
>>> and misinformation.  As a result ill be unsubscribing from this list
>>> effective as of now.
>>>
>> I find it inappropriate that you join the list, ask for and get help,
>> then leave without contributing yourself, other than in a negative
>> way.  The way to improve a list is to contribute to it not leave it
>> after you have benefited from it.
>>
>> [Copied to personal email]
>>

>   One thing that I have noticed about this list is the high noise to
> signal ratio, and this thread is all about noise,  Indignation will not
> bring someone back to the list, but it will make some feel better.

I'm wondering why so many think they must get always something from
others who are here.

I'm one, as with many, who is not educated on the workings of Ubuntu,
and I need assistance at times.  Of course, since I don't know much, I
would not want to offer information since it could be misleading, and
then some would be tempted to stir up a sink over that.

I would think that we'd be a more pleasant group if we speak only if we
know about the subject at hand, and not complain when one is in error.
We're human and we all make mistakes at times.

--

Joseph Snurr
Cotter, AR.

"Age mellows some people; others it makes rotten." - Heard in Arkansas
Our May 2009 trip to the Memphis Zoo:    http://e-pops.org/memphiszoo/