ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com

Re: Suspend not working after upgrade 9.04 -> 9.10

Subject: Re: Suspend not working after upgrade 9.04 -> 9.10
From: David Curtis
Date: Fri, 9 Oct 2009 03:54:31 -0400
On Fri, 9 Oct 2009 08:34:20 +0200 (CEST)
wrote:

> On Thu, October 8, 2009 21:40, David Curtis wrote:
> > On Thu, 08 Oct 2009 12:41:13 +0200
> > Detlef Lechner <Detlef.Lechner@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> >> dmesg, /var/log/syslog

> >> update-manager
> >
> > Would not packages related to apm or keymapping/keybinding be more
> > appropriate? Or are all new karmic bugs discovered from an upgrade
> > thrown at update-manager and the bug fixers re-assign them?
> >
> > To Amedee,
> >
> > Is this just in X or in a VT also? It might be an Xorg key issue.
>
> Good question! I only used it before in X.
> Perhaps I should set up another Ubuntu partition to compare.

No. I'm not familiar with the way X keybinds on top of ubuntu's cli
but if your prob exists while using X and not on a VT (virtual
terminal) aka CTRL-ALT-Fx but happens during X usage then it is
an X keybinding issue between JJ and KK. It should be
appropriate to file the bug on a KK xorg package, which one I am not
sure.

Dave

P.S. X=xorg=X.Org=X Windowing System