ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com

Re: Do I need a new hd?

Subject: Re: Do I need a new hd?
From: Knapp
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2009 17:52:41 +0200
> If there is data to be recovered, this is a very bad idea. ÂFirst step
> is to try to copy off any files

Agreed.

>, second is simple hard drive diagnostics
> by a technician,

We are the technicians! Why don't you explain the test you have in
mind and help the dude learn?

You might want to boot with this or maybe even your install disk and
do some HD diagnosis. This is not my area but this disk is supposed to
be the best for it. I wait for others to tell you better and more.
http://partedmagic.com/

--
Douglas E Knapp

Why do we live?