ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com

That Compac Presario again no networking

Subject: That Compac Presario again no networking
From: Jay Daniels
Date: Sun, 19 Jul 2009 17:03:52 -0400
These kids are driving me crazy to fix this pos computer...  This is the
second post on this matter, I gave up the first time.

I can't understand this Compac Presario.  I have no networking, but for
all I know according to ifconifg, route, etc. It should be working.
Linksys assigned ip and updated resolv.conf  I tried 8.04 and 9.04 and
slackware 10!

I have an ip, I can even see atlabs-1 on the linksys.

Why won't networking work on this cheap walmart computer with Realtek
8139too loaded and /etc/resolv.conf is updated but nothing working,
ping, localnet, nothing.

Worked perfect in XP, even tried swapping cables and ports.

Any ideas short of throwing a nic at it?  Would it be easier to get a
linksys usb wifi adapter to work on this junk?

jay d.
--
(o_ ...Inuxlay isway oolercay anthay indowsway...
//\              _Tux @ myT60_