ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com

Re: 8.10 problems

Subject: Re: 8.10 problems
From: Leonard Chatagnier
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2009 12:10:54 -0800 PST
--- On Thu, 2/5/09, Aart Koelewijn <aart@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
From: Aart Koelewijn <aart@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: ubuntu-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thursday, February 5, 2009, 1:02 PM

On Thu, 05 Feb 2009 08:23:39 -0700, Karl F. Larsen wrote:

> Aart Koelewijn wrote:
>> On Thu, 05 Feb 2009 07:23:05 -0700, Karl F. Larsen wrote:
>>
>>>     It appears it is no longer available, like everything else :-)
>>>
>>> Karl
>>>

>> Karl I really think you should try other repositories. This way you
are
>> getting nowhere and no one can help you because we all depend on
>> working repositories.
>>
>> Aart
>>

>     That sounds like a great idea. How do I get the repositories your
> talking about?
>
> Karl

Well, I'm still on 8.04 here. There it is System->Administration-
>SoftwareSources

Then the first tab "Ubuntu Software" behind "Download from"
you can
choose a server. I use the Main server, not the one for the Netherlands
where I live, because that has given me some problems in the past.

Aart

Perhaps Karl should post his sources.list file so the list can check if it's
correctly formated with the correct distros.

Leonard Chatagnier
lenc5570@xxxxxxxxxxxxx