ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com

OT Internet wars

Subject: OT Internet wars
From: "Karl F. Larsen"
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2009 07:21:09 -0700
    I will loose the DSL Internet in 10 days according to Qwest who
stated they are cutting off SkyWi, a tiny Internet provider in New
Mexico. In NM the only way to get Internet is from Qwest, period.

    SkyWi decided to sue Qwest for billing errors and racketeering. The
suit is ongoing and Qwest is going to win by putting SkyWi out of
business. This puts me out of business as well.

    I have moved most of my email to gmail.com so all I really need is
the Internet. I can get that from Qwest which is the only way I can keep
using DSL. If not Qwest it's back to 36kb dialup. Have to get my wife
set up with email. Then it will work.

Karl

--

        Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI