ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com

Re: Using a webcam

Subject: Re: Using a webcam
From: "Dotan Cohen"
Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2008 23:52:48 +0200
On 23/03/2008, Wade Smart <wadesmart@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> 03222008 2019 GMT-6
>
>  I'm working on a project where I'm writing code to get pictures from a
>  webcam and uploading them to a server for security. I'm experimenting
>  with this Logitech QuickCam but after looking through synaptic for
>  software, nothing really jumped out at me.
>
>  Any recommendations?

The software Camorama seems like just what you need.

And if you have trouble getting the webcam to work with Ubuntu, then
PLEASE write to Logitech and let them know that you need Linux support
for their cameras. Logitech is rightfully ignoring the Linux
community, because for some reason Linux users are not telling them
that we need their products to work. We write the ATI, and ATI opened
up their specs last September. Many other companies have followed
suit. Why people are afraid of Logitech I do not know. Here is their
contact page:
http://logitech-en-amr.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/logitech_en_amr.cfg/php/enduser/ask.php?

Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com