ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com

Re: Apache virtual host problem Half solved

Subject: Re: Apache virtual host problem Half solved
From: "Ashley Benton"
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2008 16:21:12 -0500
It did the same when I added the line in /etc/apache2/httpd.conf, apparently Apache is just telling us that it now has the same thing written at different location.
I had no idea if it was working since I couldn't make it work so I spent a few weeks searching before to ask for help. At least that had been useful.
Now my problems are solved and you can get rid of the error message.
Thanks again
Meg

On Feb 5, 2008 3:25 PM, Derek Broughton <news@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Ashley Benton wrote:

> Thank you for the explanation, that does help me to understand.
> To stop the warning it is easy in your virtual host you have
> NameVirtualHost for me on the first line of every VirtualHost then
> <VirtualHost> You just leave NameVirtualHost for the first Virtual Host
> and delete it for every other host.

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!   I love it - the teacher taught.  Exactly what this is all
about.  Thanks.  The warning is no big deal, but it's just annoyed the heck
out of me (and others) for _years_.

fyi, you're not actually deleting it "for every other host".
NameVirtualHost goes outside the virtualhost definitions, so you just don't
need to repeat it.

> That did work, now I can see it from this computer too
> Thank you very much

You scratch my back, I'll scratch yours :-)
--
derek