ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com

SMBMOUNT?

Subject: SMBMOUNT?
From: Leonard Chatagnier
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2008 15:20:03 -0800 PST
Trying to set up samba again on my lan with a new
machine and recently reconfigured old one but the
smbmount cmd just gives the usage output.

The man gives this cmd line syntax:

smbmount {service} {mount-point} [-ooptions]

But it doesn't tell what {service} is or give any
syntax. Think I can hack the {mount-point}.  Googled
for samba service but found nothing to help. Would
someone please tell me the usage and syntax for the
service entry in the command?
TIA,

BTW, the uusage output shows a "-n" in the cmd line
before the options and has no entry for it in the man.

Leonard Chatagnier
lenc5570@xxxxxxxxxxxxx