Subject: SMBMOUNT?
From: Leonard Chatagnier
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2008 15:20:03 -0800 PST
Trying to set up samba again on my lan with a new
machine and recently reconfigured old one but the
smbmount cmd just gives the usage output.

The man gives this cmd line syntax:

smbmount {service} {mount-point} [-ooptions]

But it doesn't tell what {service} is or give any
syntax. Think I can hack the {mount-point}.  Googled
for samba service but found nothing to help. Would
someone please tell me the usage and syntax for the
service entry in the command?

BTW, the uusage output shows a "-n" in the cmd line
before the options and has no entry for it in the man.

Leonard Chatagnier

ubuntu-users mailing list
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: