ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com

Re: Trouble with WiFi/Broadband

Subject: Re: Trouble with WiFi/Broadband
From: Peter Garrett
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2008 06:15:58 +1100
On Mon, 11 Feb 2008 14:41:58 -0400
Derek Broughton <news@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

[snips]

Peter Garrett wrote:

> > Another suggestion: when the wireless is "down", what happens if you issue
> >
> > sudo dhclient  ?
>
> replacing ? with the name of your interface :-)

Actually, as I mentioned, but you snipped, if you issue "sudo dhclient"
without the name of an interface it simply fails on one and tries another
- for example, here if I have no cable plugged in, it fails for eth0 then
succeeds for eth1 ( wireless).

(Peter Garrett wrote)
<quote>
Issuing the command as
I gave it above will fail for one, and try the other. A more specific way
is to give the interface name - what your wireless interface is called
depends on your card.
</quote>

I  tested this before writing my email :) Works for Me (tm) ;p

Peter

--
"INX Is Not X" Live CD based on Ubuntu 7.04 : http://inx.maincontent.net