ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com

Re: Alternate Gutsy CD-Debootstrap Error Installing Base System-Failed T

Subject: Re: Alternate Gutsy CD-Debootstrap Error Installing Base System-Failed To Determine Code Name Of Release
From: Leonard Chatagnier
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2008 14:27:35 -0800 PST
--- Peter Smerdon <psmerdon@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Leonard Chatagnier <lenc5570@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>
> > This has happened twice but got around it somehow
> on
> > first install with a minimal installation, finally
> got
> > everything installed like I wanted it then X quit.
>  It
> > was the flakiest install I've ever seen and can't
> > figure it. Was using expert mode to keep /home in
> > tact.
> > Anyone know what's going on here and how to
> correct?
> > First time that I've come across a debootstrap
> error
> > and don't know what it is.
> > Appreciate your help,
> >
> Did you run the `md5sum' program on the iso you
> downloaded? Was that the
> *exact* error message?
> --

The md5sums checked on both the downloaded iso and on
the burnt disc.  Used sevreal times after the first
burn and reburnt iso without the error appearing
again.
The exact error message was as shown in the subject
line:

Alternate Gutsy CD-Debootstrap Error
 Installing Base System-Failed To Determine Code Name
 Of Release

As it turned out this issues was the least significant
and didn't appear after the first install attempt.
Thanks for you interest,

Leonard Chatagnier
lenc5570@xxxxxxxxxxxxx