ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com

Re: Gutsy live CD not booting with GeForce 8800 GT

Subject: Re: Gutsy live CD not booting with GeForce 8800 GT
From: Ari Torhamo
Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2007 07:00:15 +0200
pe, 2007-12-14 kello 13:39 +0200, Ari Torhamo kirjoitti:
> pe, 2007-12-14 kello 11:42 +0100, ice` kirjoitti:
> > Ari Torhamo ha scritto:
> > > Thanks for the advice, it'll take a little while before I can try it. I
> > > guess in case the installation works I should prepare myself to install
> > > the proprietary driver to get a desent resolution and refresh rate out
> > > of the card.
> > >
> > > Ari
> > >
> > Yes,
> > when installation is over, you can safely use the Restricted Driver
> > Manager to automatically download Nvidia driver for your card (it did
> > work without a glitch on my Nvidia 8400M GS)
>

> This sounds very promising and I'll try RDM first. Thanks :-)

I haven't been able to try the installation yet, but according to this
forum thread
8800 GT won't work with current nvidia-glx-new (100.14.19) - which is
what Restricted Driver Manager is going to install. Nvidia has a beta
driver (169.04), which should work. I'll try to find out if I could use
Envy to install it.

Ari Torhamo