ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com

Re: Problems with cryptsetup and udev on feisty

Subject: Re: Problems with cryptsetup and udev on feisty
From: Paul S
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2007 13:38:47 -0400
Josef Wolf said the following on 08/23/2007 03:32 PM:
> Until last week, when I made "apt-get update; apt-get upgrade".  Now I
> can't "cryptsetup luksOpen" any more: after I enter the passphrase,
> cryptsetup simply hangs for several minutes.  Finally I get an error
> report:
>
>   # cryptsetup luksOpen /dev/sda11 crypted
>   key slot 0 unlocked.
>   Rendezvous with udev timed out for 'crypted'; stat failed: No such file or
> directory
>   Command successful.
>   #
>
> Although it claims that the command was succesful, the filesystem don't
> appear in /dev/mapper.

I'm running feisty up to date and have no such problems.  Are you sure
you didn't foobar your encrypted file?  Did you try "sudo cryptsetup
luksDump /dev/sda11" to check?  If everything is ok, try booting up the
feisty CD, then add cryptsetup to the live session, then try opening
your encrypted file from the live session .. just to prove that the file
still works.  If it does, try reinstalling cryptsetup on your feisty
install.  I don't know what else to suggest, except it's working fine here.

HTH