Re: Gutsy and renumbered network interfaces?

Subject: Re: Gutsy and renumbered network interfaces?
From: Derek Broughton
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2007 12:35:47 -0300
Wenzhuo Zhang wrote:

> I filed a bug about it the other day.
>   https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/120806
> According to the developer, /etc/iftab is deprecated. But still, the new
> persistent net udev rules seems to be rather buggy. The only NIC in my
> NIC is named eth2 in Feisty, while eth0 and eth1 are for non-existent
> e1000 cards.

But my understanding is that it's deprecated because network tools really
shouldn't need to know which interface is which.  I ran for two years with
eth0 and eth1 flipping around without caring.  And of course "deprecated"
is not a synonym of "removed".

ubuntu-users mailing list
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: