Re: Evolution Crashes!

Subject: Re: Evolution Crashes!
From: NoOp
Date: Thu, 01 Mar 2007 20:44:19 -0800
On 03/01/2007 07:04 PM, Steve Grace wrote:
> I have Ubuntu 6.06. Evolution 2.6 no longer starts up; it crashes within a
> second of being launched. The only possible cause I can think of is the new
> security update to Firefox that I installed this morning (right after I last
> used Evolution).
> I was able to generate a backtrace but I don't know how to read it. I
> couldn't find any obvious log files. Can someone point me to some things I
> can try? Thanks.
> Steve

Checked the forums & found this:

from davarino:
Enter this code and you will eliminate this problem:

cd /usr/lib
sudo ln -s firefox/libfreebl3.so
There is another thread running on this same issue... "evolution broken
after Firefox and libnss3 update (070301)". Check it out... but the
bottom line is: run the "ln" stuff and that ought to fix it. (Courtesy
of smokeslikeapoet)

This must be one of those Ubuntu "what were they thinking?" upgrades.

ubuntu-users mailing list
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: