ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com

-Claws question (Was: GUI replacement for mutt)

Subject: -Claws question Was: GUI replacement for mutt
From: Steve Lamb
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2007 21:13:25 -0700
On Fri, 16 Mar 2007 20:15:37 -0700
Steve Lamb <grey@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>     Well now, it has been a while since I gave Claws a proper test
> drive.  And thanks to you I'm now giving Claws-gtk a spin and finding
> it quite nice.  :)

    Ok, found my first problem with -Claws.  I don't use the message view
pane.  I have the folder list to the left, the message list to the right and
view messages in a separate window.  From my PMMail/2 days I got into that
habit.  PMMail/2 also had nice buttons to address reading mail in a separate
window.  Delete (& close), Delete & Next, Delete & Previous as well as the
same actions for Copy and Move.

    -Claws has a Delete button and a Next button.  The Delete button deletes
the message but neither closes the windows nor opens the next message in the
list.  Thunderbird, while not up to PMMail/2's standards, at least would open
the next message in line.  Is there a setting or plugin or something I am
missing which will at least get Delete & Next working?  :)