ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com

Howto get more -dbg packages?

Subject: Howto get more -dbg packages?
From: Georg Sauthoff
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2007 15:32:01 +0000 UTC
Hi,

I noticed that some packages have a sister package, which includes some
debugging informations. They have the suffix '-dbg' appended to the package
name.

Now I need this information for a package, where no -dbg sister
package exists in the 'standard' repositories. (I need to debug a binary
from that package).

Thus my Question: Does an official ubuntu repository exists, which has
for 'all' packages -dbg packages available?

And, can someone point me to some documentation how to create the -dbg
packages for your own software?

Best Regards
Georg Sauthoff