ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com

Re: Keyboard layout switching problem

Subject: Re: Keyboard layout switching problem
From: "Dmitrij Ilchenko"
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2007 20:57:29 +0200
Yes, I have the same problem in both KDE and GNOME. and even in
kdm/gdm without running any desktop environment. I don't want to use
internal KDE or GNOME keyboard shortcuts. I can use xorg config to
specify the shortcut to switch layouts and xneur to display current
layout.
Am i missing something in xorg.conf? I was using Debian Sarge for a
while, and with this config:

Section "InputDevice"
    Identifier     "Generic Keyboard"
    Driver         "kbd"
    Option         "CoreKeyboard"
    Option         "XkbRules" "xfree86"
    Option         "XkbModel" "pc105"
    Option         "XkbLayout" "us,ru(winkeys),ua(winkeys)"
    Option         "XkbOptions" "grp:ctrl_shift_toggle"
EndSection

layout switching worked perfectly.

P.S. If in doubt about my keyboard, in console it works perfect and
layouts are switched through pressing Ctrl+Shift.