Re: Ubuntu on a 486?

Subject: Re: Ubuntu on a 486?
From: Peter Hummers
Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2006 05:27:34 -0500
On Sat, 09 Dec 2006 21:35:35 -0500
John Richard Moser <nigelenki@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I'm not ready to advocate the 686 push some people want to go for; I
> think there may be a wide enough 586 audience out there to warrant
> keeping it for a little while.  Still, looking at the 486 and what it's
> capable of, I think it may be time to suggest deprecating support for a
> processor that can clock 100MHz max.

I'm not much of a tree-hugger, but there are too many computers that still work
in our landfills. I'd like to see some support for 486; 386s could still serve
files, too, as far as that goes ...
Peter Hummers
Peter Hummers covers entertainment events on, and about,
the Outer Banks of North Carolina at Outer Banks Onstage

ubuntu-users mailing list
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: