ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com

[Breezy]Adept Wizard Upgrade B0rked system

Subject: [Breezy]Adept Wizard Upgrade B0rked system
From: C Hamel
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2006 08:42:45 -0600
I am a bit puzzled by the Adept Upgrade Wizard vs 'apt-get upgrade' in the
fact that the wizard installs 14, upgrades 97, removes 4, whereas apt says it
will be upgrading 80, not upgrading 16 and removing/newly installing nothing.

What makes all this important to me is the fact that the wizard b0rked my
system by leaving out multitudinous libs w/o advising me there would be a
problem of any kind b-4 said upgrade commenced.  Apt, on the other hand is
leaving out various KDE pkgs.

From 'apt-get upgrade':
  akregator kaddressbook karm kcalc kdegraphics-kfile-plugins
  kdenetwork-filesharing kdepim-kio-plugins kdepim-wizards kmail knotes
kontact
  korganizer libkpimexchange1 libkpimidentities1 linux-image-386
  linux-restricted-modules-386

I was under the impression that the upgrades on both meant the latest KDE.  Is
that not so?  Are both the wizard & apt synonymous?
--
        ...CH