ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com

Re: gnome system tray lost

Subject: Re: gnome system tray lost
From: Real WinD
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2006 18:20:23 +0800
to Vincent:

I can agree more. I just got my new laptop and installed ubuntu

I am gonna get rid of windows.. forget those "system tray"s~! I think ubuntu is a bit better than windows..

ok that's just my personal opinion.. i don't wish to raise the same old stupid argument again... about which is better OS..etc.

PS.. english is not my native lang too~

On 2/14/06, Ja'far Railton <ibn.richard@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 2/14/06, Yuki Cuss <celtic@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Vincent Trouilliez wrote:
>
> >On Tue, 2006-02-14 at 11:52 +0300, Ja'far Railton wrote:
> >

> >>Does anyone else think "notification area" is a needlessly strange
> >>name for a system tray?
> >>

> >Huuu, maybe the fact that English is not my native language has
> >something to do with it (or maybe it's just personal taste), but I find
> >"notification area" a lot clearer to understand than "system tray",
> >actually !
> >
> >--
> >Vince
> >

> I am inclined to agree; `system tray' is what we've all been brought up
> saying, but it's just that way possibly because of windows. When you
> *think* about it, in what way is it a `tray' for the `system'? It's an
> area where we're notified of things. It works.
>
>  - Yuki.
>

> --

Fair enough.

--