ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com

Re: [Breezy]Adept Wizard Upgrade B0rked system

Subject: Re: [Breezy]Adept Wizard Upgrade B0rked system
From: C Hamel
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2006 18:24:46 -0600
On Tuesday 21 February 2006 17:41, Derek Broughton wrote:

> > deb-src http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu breezy main restricted
>
> Do you compile packages from source?  I rather doubt it.  Comment out _all_
> the deb-src lines until you know what they do.
No longer... had to w/Gentoo, but not Breezy, apparently.

> > deb http://wine.sourceforge.net/apt/ binary/
> > deb ftp://ftp.free.fr/pub/Distributions_Linux/plf/ubuntu/plf/ breezy free
> > non-free
> > deb-src ftp://ftp.free.fr/pub/Distributions_Linux/plf/ubuntu/plf/ breezy
> > free non-free
> > deb http://deb.opera.com/opera/ etch non-free
> > deb http://kubuntu.org/packages/kde35 breezy main
>
> Do you have a clue what _any_ these do?  If you include all of these you
> really can't complain that adept breaks your system.  I'm not even sure I
> trust the kubuntu.org one, definitely none of the others.
> --
> derek
I believe the sourceforge updates apt;  plf is penguin liberation front that I
used to use for Mandrake; opera is the browser, I'm pretty certain; kde35 is
probably what it sounds like --KDE-3.5.  Perhaps it is better w/o the first
ones but KDE?  If that was directly from KDE that'd be one thing, but I
perceive that it is from kubuntu, which I am using.   So, why the hesitation
to use it?
--
        ...CH