ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com

Re: DSL Problem

Subject: Re: DSL Problem
From: 'Forum Post, '@wailuku.xlogicgroup.com
Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2006 22:07:50 -0500
Hi All,

Additional Information.

FYI. I have an ethernet and a wireless card present.

Code:
--------------------

  sandman@earlgrey:~$cat  /etc/network/interfaces

  # The loopback network interface

  auto lo

  iface lo inet loopback

  address 127.0.0.1

  netmask 255.0.0.0

  # This is a list of hotpluggable network interfaces.

  # They will be activated automatically by the hotplug subsystem.

  mapping hotplug

  script grep

  map eth0

  iface eth1 inet

  iface eth0 inet static

  address 10.0.0.56

  netmask 255.0.0.0

  auto eth0

  sandman@earlgrey:~$

  sandman@earlgrey:~$

  sandman@earlgrey:~$ ifconfig eth0

  eth0      Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr 00:12:3F:E8:0E:6A

  inet6 addr: fe80::212:3fff:fee8:e6a/64 Scope:Link

  collisions:0 txqueuelen:1000

  RX bytes:0 (0.0 b)  TX bytes:324 (324.0 b)

  Interrupt:18

  sandman@earlgrey:~$ route -n

  Kernel IP routing table

  Destination     Gateway         Genmask         Flags Metric Ref    Use Iface

  sandman@earlgrey:~$

  sandman@earlgrey:~$

  sandman@earlgrey:~$ cat /etc/resolv.conf

  nameserver 202.138.128.50

  nameserver 202.138.128.2

  sandman@earlgrey:~$

  sandman@earlgrey:~$

  sandman@earlgrey:~$

  sandman@earlgrey:~$ sudo mii-tool eth0

  Password:

  eth0: negotiated 100baseTx-FD flow-control, link ok

  sandman@earlgrey:~$

  sandman@earlgrey:~$

  sandman@earlgrey:~$ lspci | grep Eth

  0000:03:00.0 Ethernet controller: Broadcom Corporation BCM4401-B0

  100Base-TX (rev 02)

  sandman@earlgrey:~$

  sandman@earlgrey:~$

  sandman@earlgrey:~$

  sandman@earlgrey:~$ lsmod | grep mii

  mii                     5248  1 b44

  sandman@earlgrey:~$

--------------------

Richard Reyes Wrote:
> Hi All,

> Good Day.

> Newbie Question.

> I have a DSL working in windows. Its using DHCP or something but there

> was an error getting IP from the network. The customer support had to

> give me the ip address so i can connect from inside windows.

> Now I have succesfully setup the latest Kubuntu ( Breezy ) in my

> laptop. I have set the same IP address I am using in windows for the

> DSL connection. But I still have no connection.

> Any help is appreciated.

> Thanks

> Richard

> --