ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com

Re: Installing True Type Fonts in Hoary

Subject: Re: Installing True Type Fonts in Hoary
From: Mehdi Hassanpour
Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2005 23:16:28 +0330
maybe you have to edit the `/etc/fonts/fonts.conf' file and set the correct path for your newly copied fonts...

On 11/9/05, Steve <bassix@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

I downloaded some True Type Fonts (TTF) and am trying to install them
(UBUNTU HOARY), however the Gnome Help instructions don't seem to work
for me (copying into the fonts:/// directory), even when I sudo. When
I close and re-open the fonts directory they are then not there. I
even tried some of the instructions on the ubuntuguide.org site and
still didn't work. What am I missing?

Thanks for any help!!

-Steve.
--
Ubuntu :: Linux for Human Beings :: ubuntulinux.org

Yours Sincerely, Mehdi Hassanpour
http://ImPersian.com
http://Hezardastan.org