ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com

Re: OpenOffice won't print

Subject: Re: OpenOffice won't print
From: Andy Choens
Date: Sun, 2 Oct 2005 12:52:59 -0400
Thanks, but I tried that without success. Since posting about this I've
been doing more Googling and came across a page that suggested that OO
wouldn't compile properly on amd64 (I should have mentioned that I'm
using 64bit).  If this report is true, one wonders why it''s part of the
64bit distribution.  Anyway, I've now removed it.

I'm using Breezy, and OOo prints fine for me.  You probably don't want to randomly upgrade your omputer just to be able to print (can't blame you).

OOo under x64 is a little weird beause it's not running as a 64 bit application.  It's actually running as a 32 bit app (at least on breezy).  Ubuntu includes a bunch of compatability libs so it can work.  Perhaps Hoary didn't do as good of a job here as it could have, I don't know.  I never ran Hoary-64.  You might try enabling the backports and try using the OOo beta from Breezy.  Maybe that will work for you.

--andy