ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com

Re: reinstalled windows, how do i reconfigure grub?

Subject: Re: reinstalled windows, how do i reconfigure grub?
From: "David Teague"
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2005 07:03:11 -0400
On Saturday, August 27, 2005 8:38 PM
Drew asked about "reinstalled windows, how do i reconfigure grub?"

<<hi guys... i reinstalled windows on one of the partitions of my drive,
and now i want to reconfigure grub so that i can still use both
operating systems. however, my machine only boots into windows now, so
i'm kinda freaked out. how can i solve this?>>

<Many useful comments in several posts>

Drew:
Please post a summary of what you find about how to to
get a Windows reinstallation to allow Linux to be booted.

I will be faced with doing this from time to time. My solution
is to create a couple Linux boot disks every time I change my system. I keep one carefully dated in my box with my will,
car titles and other important documents, and the other on my desk.

Warm Regards

David Teague -- Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting
us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.
                                          --Mark Twain
Clearly, it's the imbeciles. And they really mean it.
                                          ---DBT