ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com

Re: gnome

Subject: Re: gnome
From: Pat Taylor
Date: Tue, 10 May 2005 05:54:29 -0400

I did and works. I don't know why happened. I didn't installed or uninstalled nothing. I just tried Austrumi Live CD,..

Do you use a KVM switch (keyboard, video, mouse)? I've had a similar problem with a different distro: If the KVM was switched to box 2 while box 1 was booting (therefore box 1 detects no monitor, mouse, or keyboard connected during boot) then box 1 would boot into X-windows with 640x480 resolution. This "other distro" (is this true for all???) aparently needed to have the monitor connected during boot to start X with the previously-set correct resolution.