ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com

Re: special needs

Subject: Re: special needs
From: Luke Yelavich
Date: Tue, 10 May 2005 12:58:58 +1000
On Tue, May 10, 2005 at 12:20:18PM EST, John Heim wrote:

> I also am blind and I think these are good ideas.
>
> I'm currenttly looking for a live boot CD that does a serial console. Even
> Oralux doesn't do that. I'm hoping ubuntu can do it.

What do you need in a serial console? What accessibility tools do you
need?

Hoary, the latest release of Ubuntu doesn't have much in the way of
accessibility, but the next release, code named Breezy will probably
have a lot more in terms of accessibility. I am currently doing work on
Ubuntu accessibility, and while I am not officially a member of the
development team, I have been doing a lot of work on the side as Ubuntu
a derivative.

My most recent work is the Hoary Live CD Derivative, hoewver this
doesn't have what you are looking for. I am working on possibly adding
software such as Speakup and BrlTTY in the future for a Live CD, and an
install CD.

Hope this helps, and feel free to contact me if you want more info.
--
Luke Yelavich
GPG key: 0xD06320CE