ubuntu-studio-users@lists.ubuntu.com

Re: Reinstalling fresh

Subject: Re: Reinstalling fresh
From: Ralf
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2011 06:48:45 +0200
On Thu, 2011-04-28 at 23:33 -0500, tommy wrote:
> Thank you, I am going to order a Syba firewire card with a TI chipset,
> I tried hpet but when I typed in sudo modprobe snd-hrtime
> I got FATAL: Module snd_hrtime not found., How would I go about
> getting that module?

It has to be enabled by the kernel configuration and your motherboard
must provide the high resolution timers.

$ cat config-$(uname -r) | grep CONFIG_HPET_TIMER
CONFIG_HPET_TIMER=y

If it isn't enabled you need to enable some additional entries for hpet,
the easiest way to do this, is to copy the generic's config, when
building the kernel rt and just change the rt settings.