Re: [Ardour-Users] Presonus Firepod FP10

Subject: Re: [Ardour-Users] Presonus Firepod FP10
From: Hartmut Noack
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2011 17:21:27 +0200
Am 18.04.2011 18:29, schrieb Harry Van Haaren:
On Mon, Apr 18, 2011 at 1:14 AM, FÃbio Magnoni<fabiohmagnoni@xxxxxxxxx>wrote:

Does anyone knows if Presonus Firepod FP10 works with Ubuntu Studio and
Ardour 2 or Ardour 3?

JACK uses FFADO for its firewire device drivers. This basically means that
if FFADO supports a product,
then any JACK capable piece of software will be able to use that hardware.

Lots of information about firewire-devices&  linux available at ffado.org.

You want to know about the presonus, so go check the device support

Cheers, -Harry

PS: I don't own a presonus, so I don't have experience with thier gear&

I had a FP10 running with 64Studio out of the box for 3 days flawless some 3 years ago. *Ubuntu* Studio did not perform the same as well with my Presonus Firebox(witch is the same device with only 6 inputs) though. Ubuntu Studio may have solved these issues in the meantime but anyway you may rest assured: the Firepod works perfectly well under *Linux* ;-)

best regs

Ubuntu-Studio-users mailing list
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: