ubuntu-studio-users@lists.ubuntu.com

Re: JACK almost working

Subject: Re: JACK almost working
From: "Christopher Stamper"
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2008 09:57:03 -0400
Yeah, I'd love to be able to do that!

Tell us how!

On Thu, Jul 3, 2008 at 6:26 AM, Norio De Sousa <norio@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Will you upload and link to a screenshot of your setup in qjackctl, please?  What you've described is exactly what I want to achieve.  Also, what version of jack are you using?

For me, it just doesn't work and I've tried many different configurations and permutations :P

Thanks!
2008/7/3 Joe Bain <mrjoebain@xxxxxxxxx>:

I thought jack did support two soundcards, as long as they're not both trying to record or play. In qjackctl settings you can pick a seperate soundcard for input and output, I do this and use my laptop's onboard for playback and an external usb for recording at the same time.

Christopher Stamper

Email: christopherstamper@xxxxxxxxx
Web: http://tinyurl.com/2ooncg
gTalk: http://tinyurl.com/6e359r