ubuntu-studio-users@lists.ubuntu.com

Re: JACK almost working

Subject: Re: JACK almost working
From: "Joe Bain"
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2008 14:58:01 +0100
Hi sorry for the late reply. There is a screenshot here of my setup. Important things are highlighted: in blue, use the '>' buttons to select a different input and output (mine were 'hw:1    XioSynth' for input and 'hw:0    Intel ICH6' for output). And in red, I had to set periods/buffers to 8 otherwise jack would crash, this may be different for different devices though.

Hope this helps,

Joe

2008/7/3 Christopher Stamper <christopherstamper@xxxxxxxxx>:
Yeah, I'd love to be able to do that!

Tell us how!

On Thu, Jul 3, 2008 at 6:26 AM, Norio De Sousa <norio@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Will you upload and link to a screenshot of your setup in qjackctl, please?  What you've described is exactly what I want to achieve.  Also, what version of jack are you using?

For me, it just doesn't work and I've tried many different configurations and permutations :P

Thanks!
2008/7/3 Joe Bain <mrjoebain@xxxxxxxxx>:

I thought jack did support two soundcards, as long as they're not both trying to record or play. In qjackctl settings you can pick a seperate soundcard for input and output, I do this and use my laptop's onboard for playback and an external usb for recording at the same time.

Christopher Stamper

Email: christopherstamper@xxxxxxxxx
Web: http://tinyurl.com/2ooncg
gTalk: http://tinyurl.com/6e359r