= Meeting Minutes =
[[http://irclogs.ubuntu.com/2010/06/08/%23ubuntu-meeting.txt|IRC Log of the
[[http://voices.canonical.com/kernelteam/|Kernel Team Blog.]]
== Agenda ==
[[https://wiki.ubuntu.com/KernelTeam/Meeting#Tues, 08 Jun, 2010|20100608
=== Release Metrics ===
==== Bugs ====
||<-3 tablestyle="width: 100%;")>
||<:> ||<:> '''Alpha 2 Milestoned Bugs (5)'''
||<:> '''Release Targeted Bugs (50 across all packages (up 10))''' ||
||linux ||<:> 1
||<:> 3 ||
==== Milestoned Features ====
* 14 blueprints
*** NOTE: This listing includes HWE Blueprints***
==== Bugs with Patches Attached:122 (down 6 from last week) ====
* Breakdown by status:
=== Blueprint: kernel-maverick-apparmor ===
Sstarted cross testing of compatibility patch and found some errors that need
to fixed before it can be pulled in. Will try to get that cleaned up today so
we can pull in the latest version, and send it upstream.
Caching patch fix - no progress still sitting on the back burner behind cold,
compatibility patch, and EC2.
=== Blueprint: kernel-maverick-firewire-stack ===
Nothing new this week.
=== Blueprint: kernel-maverick-misc ===
The two items slipped out of Alpha-1 are still outstanding, though neither is a
release task. The debian commonisation is currently progressing with Karmic
master being retrofitted currently. We expect to have Karmic and Lucid master
both complete by
Wednesday, ready for test uploads.
=== Blueprint: kernel-maverick-new-kernel-on-lts ===
The Lucid LTS backport kernel is tracking Maverick at
The current kernel and meta versions are linux-maverick-2.6.35-1.1~lucid1 and
=== Blueprint: kernel-maverick-pv-ops-ec2-kernel ===
pv-ops kernel has so far not been working out, and I (jjohansen) am following
up with Amazon.
Started looking at fallback plan 1 of pv-on-HVM driver but I haven't been able
to successfully build them yet (failing in the ballon driver atm). I need to
test building them on an older stock kernel yet.
=== Blueprint: kernel-maverick-tracing-support ===
I (cnd) sent a patch upstream for relative source paths for perf probe, waiting
I took a closer look at trace-cmd and kernelshark and
I'm not convinced quite yet that we really need kernelshark so I may just
package up trace-cmd when I get the chance
=== Blueprint: kernel-maverick-ubuntu-delta-review ===
I (ogasawara) own the majority of the Alpha2 work items so will start closing
those out shortly.
=== Blueprint: kernel-maverick-union-mounts ===
Waiting on testing from Foundations from updated kernels. As part of the roll
forward to v2.6.35-rc1 we have had to update AUFS2 as it no longer built. We
expect to have to update it again before v2.6.35 final regardless of whether
union-mounts make it.
=== Blueprint: kernel-maverick-bug-handling ===
Good progress on the wiki. There is now a Todo located at:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Kernel/WikiToDo and a wiki gardening guide at:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Kernel/WikiGardening Please use these references when
working on the wiki pages.
Thanks to apw for getting those up and going
=== Blueprint: kernel-maverick-upstart ===
We have patches pending for the remaining Alpha-1 deliverable, waiting on
testing from Foundations. We have also pulled forward the 'readahead was used'
patches from Lucid testing to Maverick and pushed those to a further PPA for
Outcome was that "Tiger team" to discuss this to be set up by awe. This item
will be removed from the meeting agenda.
=== Blueprint: kernel-maverick-bios-test-automation ===
* Added the following functionality to the firmware test suite:
* ACPI MCFG table test
* MTRR tests
* HPET sanity checks
* Simple Fan tests
* ACPI FADT table checks
* Simple Battery tests
* PCI Max Read Req sanity check
* BIOS EBDA check
* Add in e820 region checking
* Generalised list handling
* Fix iasl + pipe I/O bug
* Re-organise lib headers
=== Status: Maverick ===
We uploaded the 2.6.35-1.1 kernel which rebased us to 2.6.35-rc1. I'll be
uploading 2.6.35-2.2 within the hour. This will rebase us to 2.6.35-rc2.
Please test if you are able to.
Also, just a general reminder that Alpha 2 is Thurs July 1 (ie ~3weeks from
today) so make sure you're on track with any work items that need doing.
=== Security & bugfix kernels - Karmic/Jaunty/Intrepid/Hardy/Others ===
* Dapper: 2.6.15-55.84 (security)
* Hardy: 2.6.24-28.70 (security)
* Jaunty: 2.6.28-19.61 (security)
* Karmic: 2.6.31-22.60 (security)
- mvl-dove 2.6.31-214.28 (security)
- fsl-imx51 2.6.31-112.28 (security)
- ec2 2.6.31-307.15 (security)
* Lucid: 2.6.32-22.36 (security)
- mvl-dove 2.6.32-205.18 (security)
- fsl-imx51 2.6.31-608.14 (security)
- ti-omap 2.6.33-501.7 (security)
- qcm-msm 2.6.31-802.4 (security)
- ec2 2.6.32-306.11 (security)
- LBM 2.6.32-22.15 (waiting for acceptance to proposed)
The initial security release for Lucid caused a regression for KVM. Though
the same patch is in Karmic and Jaunty without problems. It has been reverted
for Lucid and an additional upload was made (thanks apw).
The current update to Lucid qcm-msm will be the last one as we lack testing
Currently preparing proposed uploads to Lucid and Karmic and while being on
those, updating the abstracted debian implementation (apw).
Lucid proposed will contain upstream stable 22.214.171.124-15 and 126.96.36.199-5 for
DRM (amongst a lot of other changes). Target for upload to proposed for the
master branch is Wednesday.
=== Incoming Bugs and Regressions ===
==== Incoming Bugs: ====
||<-2 tablestyle="width: 35%;")> ||
||<:> '''Version''' ||<:> '''Count''' ||
||Maverick ||<:>15 (+10) ||
||Lucid ||<:>946 (-59) ||
==== Current regression stats: ====
||<-5 tablestyle="width: 100%;")>
||<:> '''Version''' ||<:> '''Potential''' ||<:> '''Update'''
||<:> '''Release''' ||<:> '''Proposed''' ||
|| maverick ||<:> 7 (+2) ||<:>
||<:> ||<:> ||
|| lucid ||<:> 234 (-28;) ||<:> 25 (-1)
||<:> 128 (-18) ||<:> 1 ||
|| karmic ||<:> ||<:> 9
||<:> 50 ||<:> 1 ||
|| jaunty ||<:> ||<:> 5
||<:> 20 ||<:> ||
|| hardy ||<:> ||<:> 1
||<:> 3 ||<:> ||
=== [TOPIC] Incoming Bugs: Bug day report ===
The next bug day will be next Tuesday. We will be focusing on working Confirmed
bugs and getting them to either Incomplete, by waay of testing or information
requests, or Triaged based on the completeness of the bug. My goal is to work
through all of the
Confirmed bugs to get them in the correct state and work out the best method
for addressing them based on conversation with Andy yesterday. I also want to
have a Team bug day much like we did this
week to work the Top 50 list. I am open to having be two half days on Friday
and Monday again if that worked out for everyone last time.
Any suggestions/objections? Was the two half days more useful than one whole
(ogasawara) I like the half days
(apw) I think half is better over all as its easier to do one or the other
=== [TOPIC] Open Discussion or Questions: Anyone have anything? ===
* (apw) Just a reminder that the wiki update is a team task, please do look
over the ToDo and see if there are things you know about and can help clean up
(manjo) Is there a pointer to the todo ?
* (JFo) just wanted to mention that I have been invited to the QA meeting
tomorrow to discuss the Triage Summit
(JFo) so I suspect there will be some more chat on it and I will be sending
out an e-mail this week to kick things off
Brad Figg brad.figg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx http://www.canonical.com
ubuntu-devel mailing list
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: