ubuntu-devel@lists.ubuntu.com

Please test new cups packages

Subject: Please test new cups packages
From: Martin Pitt
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2006 14:04:04 +0200
Hi all,

our current cupsys version in dapper is a pretty old SVN snapshot. A
ton of bugs has been fixed upstream since then (unfortunately it also
grew some more features which potentially destabilize it). We have
many bug reports about cupsys, so I hope that some of them get fixed
by the new version.

Also, I would prefer to ship dapper with 1.2 final instead of a random
SVN snapshot, since we can get upstream's help for bugs found in
the current 1.2rc2, but not (necessarily) for our old snapshot.

The package has been tested by three people so far without any major
difficulties. However, before we put them into dapper, I'd appreciate
some more testing and feedback.

So, can you please add the following apt source:

  deb http://people.ubuntu.com/~pitti/packages/cupsys/ ./

(deb-src is available, too) and upgrade to the new cups packages?

Please tell me about any regressions you encounter compared to the
current Dapper packages. Please also give me a quick note about
success (a reply with just a single word 'works for my foobar printer'
is fine :) ) so that we know about the test coverage.

Thank you in advance,

Martin

--
Martin Pitt        http://www.piware.de

In a world without walls and fences, who needs Windows and Gates?