ubuntu-devel@lists.ubuntu.com

Re: ubuntu-desktop depends on bicyclerepair?

Subject: Re: ubuntu-desktop depends on bicyclerepair?
From: Matthew East
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2006 19:22:49 +0100
Hi John,

On Tue, 2006-04-18 at 13:22 -0400, John Richard Moser wrote:

{snipped some stuff}

> It's
> not a marketed feature, they don't want to draw too much attention to
> the fact that this stuff is all there, hence why it's not majorly
> advertised anywhere.
>
> If they really wanted to promote it they should mention Python directly
> on their main page.

Rather than jumping to conclusions about the reasons that this feature
of Ubuntu is not properly advertised on the website, it is a better idea
to simply raise the problem, and a discussion about solving it can
follow. (And as others have observed, I'd also recommend you adopt a
different tone in order to ensure that your points are given proper
weight).

We have discussed this recently, and came to the conclusion that
information about Ubuntu's python-ready support should be added to the
FAQ on the website. It may be that an even more prominent position is
appropriate. We can discuss the best way of doing this.

I'd suggest doing so on the sounder mailing list, so that the developers
can carry on with their work undistracted. I'm leaving ubuntu-devel in
cc: for this message, please remove it when the next person replies.

thanks,

Matt
--
mdke@xxxxxxxxxx