ubuntu-devel@lists.ubuntu.com

Re: Dapper Flight 5 Installation Report

Subject: Re: Dapper Flight 5 Installation Report
From: Lee Revell
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2006 18:27:44 -0500
On Wed, 2006-03-15 at 01:14 +0200, Sandis Neilands wrote:
> > Um - lsmod output?  dmesg?  X logs?  Etc...?
>
> And in what wiki page/help doc are these mentioned?

I assumed these were covered in the bug reporting guidelines but must
admit I did not check.

>  BTW for new bug
> reporter having no answer for 2 - 4 weeks = devs don't care or this
> project has to get it's act together.

I think this needs to be solved by educating the user about how bugs are
triaged in a project as large as Ubuntu and that it's normal not to get
an immediate response to a minor cosmetic bug or one with an easy
workaround, especially if release is imminent and the developers are all
working on truly grave bugs...

Lee