ubuntu-devel@lists.ubuntu.com

Re: FEATURE REQUEST: Unbroken screensaver.

Subject: Re: FEATURE REQUEST: Unbroken screensaver.
From: "Carey O'Shea"
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2005 20:27:46 +1000
Jeff Waugh wrote:

gnome-screensaver is extremely new code, please don't make judgements on it
based on its current state. Unfortunately, it was pushed into breezy (after
feature and preview freeze!), but it's really not ready yet. It'll be great
for dapper. I'm trying to have its inclusion in breezy reassessed.

Thanks,

- Jeff
The only problem I have with gnome-screensaver is the lack of power management. Other than that, I haven't had any problems with it -- I find it rather useful.