ubuntu-devel@lists.ubuntu.com

Re: Creating audio CDs in Hoary.

Subject: Re: Creating audio CDs in Hoary.
From: Colin Watson
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2004 15:28:37 +0000
On Tue, Dec 07, 2004 at 04:19:11PM +0100, Ramon Acedo wrote:
> El mar, 07-12-2004 a las 09:44 +0100, Jeff Waugh escribió:
> > <quote who="Lex Hider">
> > > (1) Do nothing.
> > > (2) Include k3b in desktop seed.
> > > (3) Include a gtk/gnome app that will create audio CDs.
> >
> > With regards to point 3 (which is really the only viable option),
>
> I'm new to the list and this question may have been already asked but,
> what's wrong with shipping k3b in ubuntu? yes, it depends on some
> kde libraries but that shouldn't be a big problem, is it?

That's a very big problem; we don't have the resources to support two
desktop environments, to do security uploads reliably for kdelibs etc.,
and similar efforts. It's also unlikely that we'd have space on a single
CD to add that lot.

Supporting KDE in Ubuntu is going to require community involvement
rather than maintenance by Canonical. I believe there are some people
working on this, though.

Cheers,

--
Colin Watson                                    [cjwatson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]