Re: [Tkabber] self-signed ssl certificates (again!)

Subject: Re: [Tkabber] self-signed ssl certificates again!
From: Badlop
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2005 23:09:13 +0100
gen2 escribió:
how do I install the cert on the client if the SSL Certificate dialog is Greyed Out? Is there another way to install the cert on the client?
Quoting myself from http://www.jabberes.org/node/view/414

1. Copy server.pem to $HOME/.tkabber

2. Configure Tkabber to use that file. Two ways:

  2a. Tkabber-> Customize-> Login-> ::::loginconf(sslcafile)

  2b. If you have several accounts, and this cert is only for one of them:

    2b.1 Edit (or create using my template on
tkabber/examples/badlop-config-home.tcl)
           $HOME/.tkabber/config.tcl

    2b.2 and add this line after the other loginconf1 lines:
           set ::loginconf1(sslcafile) ~/.tkabber/server.pem

3. It should never again complain when using SSL, STARTTLS and/or SASL

Of course, it would be a lot easier to specify it on the SSL tab in the Login window, and Tkabber should remember that on custom.tcl...
--
Badlop
Correo: [email protected]