taroon-list@redhat.com

RE: RHEL4

Subject: RE: RHEL4
From: "Fred Magee"
Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2005 09:10:51 -0700

-----Original Message-----
From: taroon-list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:taroon-list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Ed Wilts
Sent:
Wednesday, March 02, 2005 9:10 AM
To: Discussion of Red Hat Enterprise Linux 3 (Taroon)

>> I've put together a Gigabyte MOBO with Socket 939 Athlon 64 processor
>
> and high end NVidia graphics card to do multi media stuff and so far

>> have not been able to find an OS that deals properly with the NFORCE
>> chipset on the MOBO.  RHEL4 is my next attempt starting tonight.

>I don't have an nVidia card but I think for the fastest drivers you

still need to go to their web site for the closed source stuff.  You can

scan the fedora list archives for this.

What video card do you recommend for this?  I’ve downloaded the NVidia drivers

 but still have some weird problems with that and it doesn’t recognize my Samsun LCD

monitor at all.  I’ve heard Hauppauge(sp?) video cards are really good but don’t

have any experience with them.

Thanks again,

Fred

--