taroon-list@redhat.com

RHEL4

Subject: RHEL4
From: Aviram Carmi
Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2005 13:59:52 -0800
Hi All,

Got three questions related to upgrading/installing RHEL4:

Would you upgrade an existing RHEL3 to RHEL4 now? or wait a while for it to stabilize?

If you had a brand new server, would you install RHEL3 and later upgrade to RHEL4? or would you install RHEL4? now? wait a while?

If I should wait before installing RHEL4, how long? till Update 1?

I can wait since I really only need two linux boxes, and my old one, a 933Mhz PIII which is running RH 7.3 is doing just fine, I got the new server just because I got a great deal from Dell: dual capable 3.0Mhz Xeon with the 64bit EM64T 800fsb, two 1GB DDR2, and two 160GB Serial ATA drives, for only $800, free shipping, I just could not resist...

Thanks,

-avi

--

Aviram Carmi
Owner

Over TheNet (R)
601 Daily Drive Suite #226
Camarillo, CA 93010-5840

http://www.otn.com/   Building Profitable Web Sites Today
(805) 384-1144 Voice  (805) 384-9111 FAX

(C) Copyright 2005, Over TheNet (R)  All rights reserved.