tapestry-user@jakarta.apache.org

newbie binding problem

Subject: newbie binding problem
From: matt wear
Date: Thu, 02 Mar 2006 14:30:41 -0600
Hi all. I'm new to tapestry and have been having problems creating a simple listing page. The page lists our companies clients and I keep getting a Binding Exception. If someone could please look at the code snippets below and point me in the right direction on this I would very much appreciate it. Thanks.

- Matt

This is the error I get:
org.apache.tapestry.BindingException
Unable to update OGNL expression '<parsed OGNL expression>' of $ClientList_3@15fea73[ClientList] to net.smartblast.model.Client@1a9d205: $ClientList_3.client

This is a snippet from my ClientList.html: (line 8 is the one causing problems).

8 <tr jwcid="@For" source="ognl:clients" value="ognl:client" element="tr">
9 <td><span jwcid="@Insert" value="ognl:client.companyName">company name</span></td>

This is a snippet from ClientList.java

public abstract class ClientList extends BasePage
{
   @InjectObject("spring:clientService")
   public abstract ClientService getClientService();
public List getClients() { return getClientService().getClients(); } }

And finally a snippet from Client.java

public class Client  implements java.io.Serializable
{
    private Integer id;
    private String companyName;
public String getCompanyName() {
       return this.companyName;
   }
public void setCompanyName(String companyName) {
       this.companyName = companyName;
   }
}