Re: newbie binding problem - RESOLVED

Subject: Re: newbie binding problem - RESOLVED
From: matt wear
Date: Thu, 02 Mar 2006 16:29:57 -0600
Thanks a lot Alan; that did the trick.  I was stuck for hours on this.

Alan Chandler wrote:
On Thursday 02 March 2006 20:30, matt wear wrote:
Hi all.  I'm new to tapestry and have been having problems creating a
simple listing page.  The page lists our companies clients and I keep
getting a Binding Exception.  If someone could please look at the code
snippets below and point me in the right direction on this I would very
much appreciate it.  Thanks.

- Matt

This is the error I get:
Unable to update OGNL expression '<parsed OGNL expression>' of
$ClientList_3@15fea73[ClientList] to
net.smartblast.model.Client@1a9d205: $ClientList_3.client

I think this means that your @For loop can't bind its value parameter to "ognl:client" What you need is ...
This is a snippet from my ClientList.html: (line 8 is the one causing

8 <tr jwcid="@For" source="ognl:clients" value="ognl:client" element="tr">
9 <td><span jwcid="@Insert" value="ognl:client.companyName">company

This is a snippet from ClientList.java

public abstract class ClientList extends BasePage
    public abstract ClientService getClientService();

public abstract Client getClient(); // provide a property for the for loop to write its variable to

    public List getClients()
        return getClientService().getClients();

And finally a snippet from Client.java

public class Client  implements java.io.Serializable
     private Integer id;
     private String companyName;

    public String getCompanyName() {
        return this.companyName;

    public void setCompanyName(String companyName) {
        this.companyName = companyName;

For additional commands, e-mail: tapestry-user-help@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx