tapestry-user@jakarta.apache.org

Re: Gavin King's comment about presentation code and CSS in Javaposse po

Subject: Re: Gavin King's comment about presentation code and CSS in Javaposse podcast
From: Leonardo Quijano Vincenzi
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2006 13:38:26 -0600
Is a matter of order and of knowing the technology we are working with. It's a myth that a good programmer can't be a good HTML coder (note that I say *coder*, not designer).
Good separation of content / style is a programming issue, not a design one.

For me, bad HTML or CSS, given the current advances in browser adoption and web technology, is just laziness.

--
Ing. Leonardo Quijano Vincenzi
DTQ Software

albartell wrote:
I think where I get lost is not necessarily in the understanding of how to
do it, but more on the side of what people like to see. For instance I can't
for the life of me come up with good color palate matching or create that
initial page focal point (i.e. where the users eyes go on the page first).

It takes a different mind to go from JDBC to page layout and do both well,
and I think the majority of us programmers either can't do it or would
rather not do it. We are more concerned about how fast it runs or the amount
of features we fit onto one page, etc.
Aaron Bartell