PageValidateListener problem - help please

Subject: PageValidateListener problem - help please
From: Alan Chandler
Date: Sat, 15 Oct 2005 08:50:07 +0100
I am hitting the following exception when invoking my edit page (via a
listener on another page)

Error at context:/Edit.html: Method 'public abstract void
has no implementation in class uk.org.chandlerfamily.tapestry.famtree.Edit
(or enhanced subclass $Edit_30).

However it is declared - indeed the same code was working previously

here is the code (apologies on wordwrap causing some comments to look wrong)

package uk.org.chandlerfamily.tapestry.famtree;

//TODO: Add delete via javascript confirmation

//TODO: Can I use javascipt to create a dynamic name filed combining forename,
othernames, knownas and nameIndex

import org.apache.tapestry.IAsset;

import org.apache.tapestry.html.BasePage;

import org.apache.tapestry.valid.ValidationDelegate;
import org.apache.tapestry.annotations.*;

import org.apache.tapestry.event.PageEvent;
import org.apache.tapestry.event.PageValidateListener;
import org.apache.tapestry.PageRedirectException;

import uk.org.chandlerfamily.sqlmap.famtree.*;
import uk.org.chandlerfamily.tapestry.interfaces.Function;

import com.ibatis.sqlmap.client.*;

import java.sql.SQLException;
import java.util.List;

public abstract class Edit extends BasePage implements PageValidateListener{
        public void pageValidate (PageEvent event) throws PageRedirectException

                //TODO: Test this out - check there is no situation in which
page gets
                // if we have not initialed page then we need to go back to the
home page.
                if (getPersonId() == 0 && !getPersonDataExists()) throw new

                switch (getFunction()) {
..... etc

Alan Chandler
Open Source. It's the difference between trust and antitrust.

For additional commands, e-mail: tapestry-user-help@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx