tapestry-user@jakarta.apache.org

Re: Accessing a component property from html page

Subject: Re: Accessing a component property from html page
From: Christian
Date: Sat, 04 Jun 2005 20:36:13 +0200
This is just a wild guess:

In "page.components.holdingQuantityPie.size"

getPage().getComponents() is a map. How should you be able to retrieve a component out of that?

couldn't you try something like

page.getComponent(holdingQuantityPie).size?

I am not 100% sure about the ognl syntax...

cheers
cs

Andreas Andreou schrieb:

From the Exception thrown, it seems that

ognl: page.components.holdingQuantityPie

returns null, but I can't figure why, since your code seems correct.

Can you confirm this? i.e. instead of HoldingChart, add a <span jwcid="@Insert" value="ognl:page.components.holdingQuantityPie"/>

Paul Woodward wrote:

Hi all,
I'm somewhat new to tapestry so apologies if this is obvious:
I have a squisher component which hides and shows its body. The squisher has zoom buttons that adjust a member property called size: <property-specification name="size" type="int" initial-value="200" persistent="yes"/> I want to be able to pass the size property to a subcomponent so that can affect the way it renders. This is what I have tried: <div jwcid=*"holdingQuantityPie@Squishable"* title="Holding Quantities Chart">

"holdingQuantityPie" title="Holding quantities" size="ognl:
page.components.holdingQuantityPie.size"/>

Which gives the error:
org.apache.tapestry.BindingException Unable to resolve expression '
page.components.holdingQuantityPie.size' for com.db.ged.simulator.web.Home$Enhance_0@e5355f[Home]. binding:
ExpressionBinding[Home
page.components.holdingQuantityPie.size] location:
context:/WEB-INF/Border.html,
line 68 ognl.OgnlException source is null for getProperty(null, "size") Can anyone tell me the correct way to do this?
 (Using Tapestry 3.03)
Thanks,
Paul