tapestry-user@jakarta.apache.org

Re: Accessing a component property from html page

Subject: Re: Accessing a component property from html page
From: Andreas Andreou
Date: Thu, 02 Jun 2005 16:42:28 +0300
Yes, it's null...
Do a

to see which components are there...

Do you add these 2 components into the page directly?
or do you add a Border component into your page and then add those 2 components into the Border...

page.components only returns components directly added to the page

There's a getNestedComponent(String path) to get a nested component, i.e.
getNestedComponent("myBorder.holdingQuantityPie")

It should work...

Paul Woodward wrote:

I get no output from the insert at all - so it's null?

On 6/2/05, Andreas Andreou <andyhot@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
From the Exception thrown, it seems that

ognl: page.components.holdingQuantityPie

returns null, but I can't figure why, since your code seems correct.

Can you confirm this? i.e. instead of HoldingChart, add a

Paul Woodward wrote:

Hi all,
I'm somewhat new to tapestry so apologies if this is obvious:
I have a squisher component which hides and shows its body. The squisher
has zoom buttons that adjust a member property called size:
<property-specification name="size" type="int" initial-value="200"
persistent="yes"/>
I want to be able to pass the size property to a subcomponent so that
can
affect the way it renders. This is what I have tried:
Chart">

"holdingQuantityPie" title="Holding quantities" size="ognl:
page.components.holdingQuantityPie.size"/>

Which gives the error:
org.apache.tapestry.BindingException Unable to resolve expression '
page.components.holdingQuantityPie.size' for
com.db.ged.simulator.web.Home$Enhance_0@e5355f[Home]. binding:
ExpressionBinding[Home
page.components.holdingQuantityPie.size] location:
context:/WEB-INF/Border.html,
line 68
ognl.OgnlException source is null for getProperty(null, "size")
Can anyone tell me the correct way to do this?
(Using Tapestry 3.03)
Thanks,
Paul