tapestry-user@jakarta.apache.org

RE: If we call it Tapestry 4.0, not 3.x, Maybe we would do much

Subject: RE: If we call it Tapestry 4.0, not 3.x, Maybe we would do much
From: "Justin Morgan"
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2005 09:43:18 -0500
Erik Hatcher writes:
>>  Hungarian notation does have its uses.
>   Bah!  Not in Java it doesn't.

I write:
Agreed.  One of the great things about Java is that it eliminates the
need for Hungarian notation.

Even in plain old Java, though, we still have Hungarian notation.  "Get
and set" anyone?  How often do you write code like this:

String getFoo() {
        return foo;
}

Does it ever annoy you?  Now, you're going to say "yes but that makes it
easier in the future if you make it multithreaded or add validation."  I
argue the language could have handled this more gracefully.  Take a look
at C#'s object properties for a marginal improvement over this pattern.

Sorry to get off-topic.

-Justin