tapestry-user@jakarta.apache.org

Re: Modifying values of getters/setters

Subject: Re: Modifying values of getters/setters
From: Todd O'Bryan
Date: Sat, 2 Apr 2005 02:02:03 -0500
Not by using the property notation. But OGNL will let you call a method. Just use:

value="ognl:showComponent()"

It has the disadvantage that it doesn't look like an OGNL property call, but the advantage that you can name the method whatever you want.

Todd

On Apr 2, 2005, at 1:36 AM, David Leangen wrote:

Hi, Todd,

Thanks for your quick reply.

Yes, I use the "is" notation quite frequently. Until now, I have been
twisting my language to fit this notation, but it is starting to bother me a bit. At times, it is not very natural and I prefer to use variables (and corresponding getters/setters) as descriptive and appropriate as possible.

I was just wondering if it is possible, without too much difficultly, to get
Tapestry to understand "non-is" style boolean getters/setters.

:dml